THE HALL OF COATS OF ARMS

Salone Stemmi del museo del Risorgimento del comune di Castelfidardo

The hall is so called for the presence of Municipal coats of arms of the town districts which contributed to the building of the Commemorative Monument of the battle of Castelfidardo, finished in 1912. In its inside we can find a painting of the picture Gallucci (1867) in which the last phase of the battle is faithfully reproduced. The hall was once used as a theatre for public shows.

The Battle of Castelfidardo painting, 1867, Giovanni Gallucci

Giovanni Gallucci was born in Ancona on 1st December 1815. His father was the secretary of the Municipality of Ancona, his mother was Marianna Alessandrini. He was a capable painter and during his youth he frequented the Minardi’s atelier in Rome. He knew Howeibek and became close friend to Consoni and Bompiani. He improved his art in Rome and Florence. In the Municipal Hall of Ancona, inside La Giunta hall, we can admire a copy of the upper part of the Coronation of Raffaello, in which Gallucci reflected his style and the nature of that awesome painting.

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Share on pinterest
Pinterest
Share on whatsapp
WhatsApp
Share on email
Email